Here we are… in the beautiful city of Charleston, SC… Austin is nervously preparing for the next to biggest day of his recent life, interviewing at MUSC. I am giggling as I am the driver of our CUTE rental car, it’s a Yaris… and white… and a hatchback… and little… and eventually I think I would like to own a car like that. I think I am making Austin more nervous as I am full of energy because:
1) I’m excited to be in CHAHL-stun… as the folks down here say it… where we may live in the very near future.
2) Austin is going after his dream of becoming a doctor.
3) We just rode in a plane, I kinda like to travel… plus we got a really good fare.
4) I am with Austin as he goes after his dream to become a doctor.
5) I am driving a new car, and did I mention it is really cute?
6) I am meeting with the Nurse Recruiter at MUSC tomorrow morning to discuss what kind of jobs are available at the hospital in CHAHL-stun. (Can’t you hear that sweet southern twang? I know, I’m starting to overdo it a little… but it’s so catchy.)
7) We are staying with these fine folks, and below our prospective apartment (which was built c. 1850 btw) if we move here!
8 ) Austin has an interview at a MEDICAL SCHOOL!!!!!!! I am so proud of him!
That is my stream of thought right now… kinda scattered, no wonder Austin needs me to slow my speaking down 🙂
Anyway, Austin’s agenda for tomorrow is (so we can be praying him through the day)
8:30-9:45 Introduction by Dean of Admissions with breakfast.
10:00-12:00 Interviews on Campus.
12:00-1:00 Tour of Campus with Medical Students.
1:00-2:00 Lunch with Medical Students
2:00-4:00 More interviews if needed.
Needless to say, we both could use your prayers!