1. Our corn has sprouted! It’s so exciting. Emilie and my garden is shaping up. Only a few of the herbs have not done well, but there’s still time. But the lettuce, beets, onions, tomatoes, peppers, squash, and cucumbers are growing splendidly.
2. Liz visited not long ago. We shopped till we dropped onto the beach. Liz is moving from Atlanta to Chicago next month, and had just returned from three months abroad. I loved having time with her.
3. This past week, Abram graduated from college, and tomorrow he goes to Africa! We both loved seeing the fam. The boys are getting so big. We missed you Aubrey!
4. At work, we’ve been trying team nursing for the past two weeks… it’s got its pros and cons. I have been thankful for the extra support in my time of transition from being an “apprentice” to a novice nurse. It’s good to compare notes with other nurses. Mhmmm.
5. It seems like life lately has been in little snapshots. I haven’t had much time to collect my thoughts, read a book, or work on a project… running around lately I guess. So these quicktakes will just have to do.
6. We received some vibrant comments about an uncited photograph on our blog… so it has been removed. And I can assure you it won’t happen again related to the intensity of this commentor: SORRY! It wasn’t intentional. Just chalk it up to a blonde moment.
7. About the Shakespeare citation (trying not to plagiarize)… if you want to read or memorize a sprightly poem, check into It Was a Lover and His Lass. I had to memorize it in highschool, and that’s the line that has stuck with me.